A friend recently shared a link on Facebook with the caption “This is true had to repost it.” Disappointment in the friend aside, and knowing there are plenty of fools on all sides of this election, the linked article inspired the response below. A link to the original article follows. My responses are in all caps. (And they’re still not loud enough!)
1. The majority of us are not supporting Trump because we’re ignorant. We understand him and his policies very well. Just because we believe something that you don’t does not make either of us wrong. No matter how many times you try to convince us that you are right, we’re not going to change our views, so please stop trying to sway our opinions.
WHAT ARE HIS POLICIES? REFUSING TO CHANGE ONE’S OPINIONS REGARDLESS OF NEW, FACTUAL INFORMATION IS NOT A SIGN OF INTELLIGENCE.
2. He’s a business man, and he will run this country like a business. After many failed approaches to get us out of debt, maybe a successful business man for president isn’t a bad idea.
TRUMP HAS FAILED MANY TIMES IN BUSINESS. UNLIKE HIS PREVIOUS BUSINESS ENTERPRISES, BANKRUPTING THE UNITED STATES IS NOT A VIABLE OPTION.
3. When non-Trump supporters say that Trump isn’t a politician, we laugh at you. What makes a person a politician? Nothing. That’s right, if you want to be a politician, you can be. He may not know everything, but try to name one candidate who does. He will hire the right people for the right jobs.
IT’S GOOD TO LAUGH AT PEOPLE WHO ARE MAKING A VALID POINT BECAUSE YOU PREFER TO IGNORE IT? USUALLY BEING A POLITICIAN INVOLVES A DEGREE IN POLITICAL SCIENCE OR LAW, AND/OR SIGNIFICANT EXPERIENCE. DIPLOMACY IS INTEGRAL TO BEING A GOOD POLITICIAN. WILL HE HIRE THE SAME PEOPLE RESPONSIBLE FOR HIS NUMEROUS FAILED BUSINESSES? GOOD JUDGEMENT IS ALSO INTEGRAL TO BEING A GOOD POLITICIAN.
4. The wall. Many of you think that the wall Trump wants to build seems irrational, but we don’t. The United States provides endless opportunity for anyone that comes here LEGALLY. We’re not denying people entry to our amazing country, we’re just asking that they come here the right way – like many of our relatives did in the past. And on to the next point …
WHY WOULD SOMEONE WHO HAS EMPLOYED ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS WANT TO BUILD A WALL NOW? WHAT ABOUT ALL THE LEGAL MUSLIM IMMIGRANTS?
5. He’s not racist, and neither are we. We just want people to come here legally. It’s not right that our hard work is paying for illegal immigrants’ children to go to school and that our tax dollars are going to pay for people who did not pay into the system. We’re looking to protect ourselves and our hard earned dollars.
WANTING TO ‘TAG AND BAG’ ALL MUSLIMS IN CASE ONE IS A TERRORIST IS ‘RACIST’. AND YET TRUMP HAS BEEN GUILTY OF TAX AVOIDANCE ON MANY OCCASIONS. HE MAKES EFFORT TO NOT PAY “INTO THE SYSTEM”.
6. He’s all for guns. No matter what happens, the criminals and the bad-guys are going to get their hands on guns whether they are legal or illegal. ***If guns were legal, people would be less likely to pull out a gun in a public place because of the fear that other people might have guns too.
***WHAT? THIS ENTIRE PARAGRAPH HURTS MY HEAD. A.) GUNS ARE LEGAL. B.) COUNTRIES WITH STRICTER GUN CONTROL LAWS GENERALLY HAVE LESS GUN CRIMES. C.) PEOPLE WHO CARRY GUNS BECAUSE THEY ARE AFRAID, ARE MORE LIKELY TO USE THEM. WHEN HUMANS HAVE STRONG EMOTIONAL REACTIONS THEY ARE INCAPABLE OF ACTING RATIONALLY. NB: WHICH IS EXACTLY WHY TRUMP USES FEAR AND ANGER TO GAIN SUPPORTERS.
7. We’re proud to be Republicans. We are not ashamed no matter how many times you may try to belittle us. We worked hard for our money, and we believe we should have a say where it goes. We’re not saying we want to see children starving on the streets, but we don’t want to see our money go to things we don’t believe in. So stop talking to us and about us like we’re monsters.
THERE ARE PLENTY OF NON-REPUBLICANS WHO SUPPORT TRUMP. EVERYONE WHO WORKS HARD WANTS TO HAVE A SAY IN WHERE THEIR MONEY GOES. THE STATES THAT PAY THE LEAST IN TAXES AND ARE MOST DEPENDENT ON FEDERAL ‘ASSISTANCE’ ARE PRIMARILY REPUBLICAN. DO YOU BELIEVE YOUR HARD-EARNED MONEY SHOULD BE SPENT ON A 1,954 MILE WALL?
8. What we see as speaking his mind, you see as rude. You cannot validly argue that Trump does not speak his mind. He says what most Republicans are thinking. He is the only presidential candidate that actually speaks his mind without holding back, and we appreciate his bluntness.
YOU ARE OBVIOUSLY IGNORANT & STUPID (IGNORANT MEANS YOU DON’T UNDERSTAND – STUPID MEANS YOU ARE INCAPABLE OF UNDERSTANDING).
9. Trump supporters are not violent. Several mini studies have now proven that Bernie’s supporters are the most likely of all supporters to inflict violence on others. Trump’s supporters aren’t looking for a fight, like Sanders’ supporters. We’re just proud to be part of the movement that will Make America Great Again, and like to show our support. It’s annoying to receive dirty looks from people when they hear that we’re supporting Trump.
IGNORING ANY BIASED STUDIES, “MINI” OR OTHERWISE, TRUMP HIMSELF TELLING A SUPPORTER TO “KNOCK THE CRAP OUT OF” SOMEONE WHO DISAGREES WITH HIM, AND OFFERING TO PAY ANY INCURRED LEGAL FEES, IS VIOLENT (AND ALSO PROVES THAT HE THINKS IT’S ACCEPTABLE TO PAY PEOPLE TO DO ILLEGAL THINGS FOR HIM). WHEN WAS AMERICA GREAT? HOW IS IT GOING TO BE MADE “GREAT” AGAIN? IT’S ANNOYING (AND FRIGHTENING) TO KNOW THAT PEOPLE WHO DON’T HAVE A FUNDAMENTAL UNDERSTANDING OF COMMON WORD DEFINITIONS ARE WILLING TO VOTE FOR A PERSON WHO HAS PROVEN THAT HIS ONLY SKILL IS MANIPULATING THE IGNORANT & STUPID.
10. We’re entitled to our opinions as much as you’re entitled to yours. Trump supporters don’t going around saying other people are ignorant or stupid for believing other things, we just try to express our views. We are the only ones being called ignorant. Get over it! We live in America, and everyone believes different things, so leave us be!
BECAUSE YOU ARE TOO BUSY SAYING “BUILD A WALL!, MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!” AND OTHER SLOGANS YOU CAN’T EXPAND ON. YOU ARE CALLED IGNORANT BECAUSE YOU ARE IGNORANT (AND STUPID). YOU ARE ENTITLED TO BELIEVE WHATEVER YOU WANT. “BELIEVE” MEANS TO ACCEPT SOMETHING AS TRUE, WITH OR WITHOUT FACTUAL PROOF.
We’re not asking you to love Donald Trump, but we are asking for the same level of respect that we’re giving you. He has many female and minority supporters, so clearly we don’t all see him as sexist and racist.
THERE IS AN ABUNDANCE OF DISRESPECT FROM BOTH SIDES. AGAIN, TRUMP – AND OTHER CANDIDATES – ARE INTENTIONALLY ENCOURAGING EMOTIONAL REACTIONS TO PREVENT PEOPLE FROM RESPONDING LOGICALLY. BECAUSE YOU DO NOT UNDERSTAND THE DEFINITIONS OF SEXIST AND RACIST. #JustBeingHonest #TellingItLikeItIs
DO YOU APPRECIATE MY BLUNTNESS?