It was a loooooooooooong weekend and not in that “I just threw some things in my overnight and we had a spontaneous, romantic, three-day getaway! *giggle*” way. More like the spending way too much time looking for pretty distractions on Instagram while dealing with the most irritating tech issues ever and waiting for my man to get done with his 20 hours of unpaid overtime, way.
However, I learned tings; many, many tings.
- A.) 45 is still popping Planter’s and the US (and world) may be in even more danger than a few days ago. (I know, still hard to fathom, but still true.)
- B.) It is possible to fall out of love with one’s Samsung S7 immediately upon installing Android 7. (They call it Nougat, but there ain’t nothin’ sweet about it – although it is sticking in my craw!)
- C.) A phone, tablet and laptop can all act unexpectedly screwy, for no apparent reason, on the same day, and then be A-OK for the same non-reasons on the next day.
- D.) I buy button batteries, dog wipes and light bulbs with Amazon Prime when I’m bored.
- E.) GIMP is *almost* really honking good.
- F.) It is now apparently the universal civic duty of females the world over to idolize donuts and spend vast sums of money on bullet journaling supplies while performing some sort of unspoken tribute to the 1970s by surrounding themselves with “air plants” and going to macrame workshops. It’s weird. I was a kid in the 70s and I have to say that (other than rock ‘n’ roll and sitcoms about ‘real’ people; e.g. folks who weren’t blindingly white, suburban, and suspiciously calm,) air plants, donuts and macrame were some of the better things in that decade, so there’s that. But still, it’s weird. Trust me.
Another thing that’s weird is a crown-wearing cartoon donut mounted on a cupcake to assert its dominance as Princess of Pastries. But hey, it has chocolaty brush lettering floating over its ‘head’ and a really thin (call it a crumb-coat) snippet of food porn innuendo, so it’s all good. Really, look at it, you just might agree!
So, yes indeed, the fruits of my weekend amount to un-fruit-like snacks on t-shirts. Oh, but I did learn one more ting:
BONUS: “Time To Make The Donuts” Dunkin’ Donuts commercial! https://youtu.be/petqFm94osQ
BONUS BONUS, FUN FACT: In 2013 the Dunkin’ Donuts CFO decided it was time to focus on beverages instead of donuts. Whoever they paid for their market projections dropped the ball of dough on that one!