The Unfathomable Ego of a Tiny-Town Trump – HACKER EDITION!

UPDATE! This post was replaced on February 3, 2017 with this: “Hacked By Not Matter who am i ~ i am white Hat Hacker please update your wordpress”. So I say, “Thank you, generic hacker, for hacking my back!” (See what I did there?)

Facebook is kind of like that saying about drunk people showing ‘who they really are’, except there are (presumably) no impairments to hide behind the next day.

Ponder this brief exchange and then take a moment to reflect on how it might be more genuine to focus on the guests of honor than the event planner.
American Band image by ArtsyBee at Pixabay

Patriotism Parade Post Shared by Thoughtful Local News Lady:
The City of [Tiny-Town] invites you and your family to join in a very special community event to celebrate America and the good ol’ Red, White and Blue! This event is scheduled for Sunday,…
WWW.[Link to Event Site].COM

Comments
Jenni:
I’m quite patriotic, (and I know my previous efforts have been in vain), but I would still love to see [Tiny-Town] host at least a few events for all the area residents who enjoy things other than flag waving, country music and cover bands.
Like · Reply · September 6 at 2:05pm

Thoughtful Local News Lady:
What kind of events did you have in mind?
Like · Reply · September 6 at 2:11pm

Jenni:
They don’t even have to be specific events, just including different types of music would be a great start.
Like · Reply · September 6 at 2:29pm

Thoughtful Local News Lady:
It’s too bad there aren’t more weeks in the summer. I think we’re all used to seeing the same bands every year, there’s a feeling of disappointment if one of them isn’t included. But yet at the same time, we would like to see something different. Maybe a Friday or Saturday concert once a month in addition to Sundays would be good.
Unlike · Reply · 2 · September 6 at 2:54pm

Jenni:
Yep,mix it up, just like friends “make new friends but keep the old, for one is silver, the other gold”. :)
Like · Reply · 1 · September 6 at 3:02pm

Tiny-Town Resident:
They do have different types of music all summer long.
Like · Reply · 1 · September 6 at 6:39pm

Jenni:
They do have *some* variety, [Tiny-Town Resident], but it’s all pretty mainstream – which is good, but I’d like to see more alternative, rock, hip hop, garage, dance/electronica, and highest on my list would be getting some of the very local, original bands, particularly some of the ‘high school’ bands.
Like · Reply · September 7 at 11:33am

Tiny-Town Trump:
Take a knee somewhere else Colin Kaepernick. This is a Patriotism Day Event. This isn’t the time to talk about ANYTHING ELSE BUT flag waving with our choice of a Country Band doing cover music. I’m sure that we can’t make EVERYONE happy, but if you want alternative music venues…THIS is NOT the time or the audience. Maybe you didn’t try to be so insulting? But, just because you say you tried in vain to bring “other music” to McKeesport shouldn’t diminish the hard work and sacrifice from the volunteers there every week and the large crowds of appreciative people.
Like · Reply · 5 · 15 hrs

Tiny-Town Resident #2:
Well said Daniel Carr
Like · Reply · 12 hrs

Jenni:
Sheesh Dan, how long have you been itching to use that Kaepernick line, or have you been using it everywhere you can squeeze it in? lol I said the Patriotism Day thing was good, but it would be nice to have other kinds of music involved, and that I’ve suggested it before – I think your exact words were “Well, we don’t want to attract the wrong crowd” – and the subject was dropped, that’s it – nothing mean or dismissive. But I will give you credit for being really good at spin – taking someone’s polite and valid comment and turning it into a self-congratulatory, praise-fest that plays on the emotions and ‘patriotic sensibilities’ of what you personally consider the ‘right kind’ of Americans, is a talent. Although, you did forget to mention God, but I guess you have a lot on your mind this weekend. Just one more thing…. when a person gets aggressively defensive because they imagined an insult, it usually means they have a guilty conscience or feel threatened – you may want to tone down the attack next time, for appearance’s sake. Have a great event! :)
Like · Reply · 38 mins

Tiny-Town Trump:
I’m sorry. I do feel threatened when someone uses “flag waving” or “God”’s name in vain. It was not an attack. Just don’t like someone using our platform to promote another. Not that yours is bad, as in music. I am a non judgemental person…just struck a nerve. But, thanks for the compliment! All good.*
Unlike · Reply · 1 · 9 mins

Thoughtful Local News Lady:
Reminder that this is this Sunday.
Unlike · Reply · 2 · September 7 at 4:46pm

Thoughtful Local News Lady:
This Sunday, September 11.
Unlike · Reply · 4 · Yesterday at 11:12am

*For a moment I thought my witty sarcasm-er was broken, but it turned out it just isn’t powerful enough to break through delusional narcissism. I’ll have to do some studying and then a tune-up.

To finish up on a serious note…. I am patriotic and I fully support every man, woman and child who has made sacrifices for the just and noble causes of freedom, protection, and to help their fellow humans – military and civilian.

I humbly suggest that in addition to remembrance of the horrific events of September 11, 2001, known in the US as “Patriot Day”, you devote some time and effort into the practicality of supporting your local emergency personnel with a monetary contribution to help them have the equipment and training they need to make their work safer and easier.

And spend some time making sure that everyone you appreciate knows that you do. :)

If you enjoy my (humorous!/enlightening?!?) ramblings, please subscribe to this blog to get email updates; follow me on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter – comment with #wipjenni. Tell your friends and family – and if you really want to encourage me, buy a shirt or some other WIPjenni art merchandise. I love you all!

Bookmark the permalink.